The Best Car Window Tint Companies Abide by the Tennessee Tinting Laws
Tennessee has laws about tinting car windows. The best car window tint companies know what these laws are and abide by them.
So, when you choose a company (or even a single individual) to install your auto window tint, make sure they are following the law. Because, ultimately, the owner of any vehicle is responsible for being in compliance with the tinting laws.
Of course, it is also unlawful for an installer to apply tinting materials that violate the law. But if a policeman stops you for illegal tint, you’re not going to be able to pass it off to the installer. You will pay the penalty for your car. The violation by the installer is a separate violation that is not connected to your violation.*
Two Things the Best Car Window Tint Companies Do to Be Compliant
You know you are working with a good tint company, if they do these two things:
1. Affix an adhesive label to the lower right corner of the driver’s window, under the film, that includes:
- The installer’s business name
- The words “Complies with Tennessee Code Annotated, § 55-9-107.”
- Supply a signed receipt for the tinted vehicle that includes:
2. Supply a signed receipt for the tinted vehicle that includes:
- Date of installation
- Make, model, paint color and license plate number and state
- The words “Complies with Tennessee Code Annotated, § 55-9-107, at date of installation”
- The words “This receipt shall be kept with motor vehicle registration documents”
Dickson Graphics Is Your Local Car Tint Company
*If you have your “knowledgeable” buddy install tint for you, and you pay him, the state considers your buddy a “professional installer.” If the tint is illegal, your buddy is then in violation of the law.